with Learning and Attention Difficulties
Gradual Reopening of office:
Caroline Cayuga and Associates is please to announce the gradual reopening of in-person assessments, beginning early June. Our aim is to keep clients, their family and ours safe. Our office has always limited its appointments to one in the morning, one in the afternoon and at times, one in the evening, so there has been no overlap of appointments. In addition to this, we are committed to working on keeping a safe environment for clients and our associates.
To that end, the following procedures have been put in place
Office Preparation and Procedures:
• All contact areas will be disinfected before each appointment.
• Hand sanitizer (with at least 70% alcohol) and hand washing stations are provided at the entrance and in test room.
• Masks and face shields are provided. Assessor and client will wear a face shield during testing and a mask during other times. (If client can not wear the face shield, a plexiglass shield will be used.)
• During testing, tables will be 6 feet apart. If a task needs us to be closer, a plexiglass shield will be put up. (This type of test delivery will be avoided if at all possible).
• Test stimulus, where possible will be delivered through an iPad to reduce contact with materials.
• Any materials that are not delivered by iPad will be disinfected after each use. Direct exchange of materials will be avoided when possible, but when forms or materials are shared, client and assessor will clean hands immediately after such contact.
• An air purifier will be used in the test room.
• Windows will be open in the waiting area if weather permits.
• Restroom is disinfected and will be available only for client use (and who accompanied them) during the appointment time.
• Paper towels available for hand drying and waste receptacles are available and easy to access.
• Only one client (with only one person accompanying them if needed) in the office at a time, with a minimum of one hour between appointment times.
• Client and the person who accompanies them will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer with their consent.
• Payment through e-transfer preferred.
• Prior to the assessment, the examiner will confirm with the client that they are symptom free. Prior to entrance of test area the symptom checklist will be reviewed with them. A consent form that reviews the COVID-19 procedures will be shared with the client, typically before their first appointment.
• A log of all appointments will be kept in case contact tracing is required. Clients are made aware of this.
If you present with any of the COVID -19 symptoms, please take the following self-assessment and reschedule your appointment:
Also , if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or have travelled over the last 14 days, please call to reschedule the appointment. We will be happy to set a new time.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US KEEP EVERYONE SAFE!
Are you wondering if you or your child may have a learning disability? Do you think you or your child might have ADHD? Do you wonder what is the best way to help your child learn? These questions and others can be answered through the administration of a psycho-educational assessment.
A Psycho-educational assessment is a means to determine cognitive and academic strengths in an individual. A psycho-educational assessment will assess the individual’s thinking skills, including how they process verbal and visual information, as well as their memory and attention skills. It will also look at how they perform on tests of academic skills. Further exploration of behaviour and social emotional issues may be included.
Caroline Cayuga, M.A., C. Psych., is registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario as a psychologist, providing services in the area of School Psychology. She, along with her associates (some of who are supervised) administer the assessments and provide you with a report and recommendations to assist you, educational personnel and/or employers to assist you in reaching academic, learning and employment goals.